Women Discover Jesus’ Resurrection
56 total verses: John 20:1-18; Matthew 28:1-15; Mark 16:1-11; Luke 24:1-12
Brief description of action taking place or point being made
366. Angel rolls stone in Matthew 28:2-4
367. Women bring spices to tomb at dawn in Matthew 28:01; Mark 16:1-4; Luke 24:1-3; John 20:1
368. Angels appear to women in Matthew 28:5-7; Mark 16:5-7; Luke 24:4-8
369. Women run to tell disciples in Matthew 28:08; Mark 16:08; Luke 24:9-11; John 20:2
370. Peter and John inspect the empty tomb in Luke 24:12; John 20:3-9
371. Peter and John go home in Luke 24:12; John 20:10
372. Mary Magdalene stands weeping in John 20:11
373. Mary sees two angels in John 20:12-13
374. Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene in Mark 16:09; John 20:14-17
375. Jesus appears to other women in Matthew 28:9-10
376. Women report to the disciples in Mark 16:10-11; John 20:18
377. Guards report to the priests in Matthew 28:11-15
Devotions (optional reading)
Extravagant Love: A Reflection on Mary of Bethany (http://www.wowgod.org/extravagant-love-a-reflection-on-mary-of-bethany/)
1. What is your favorite verse or set of verses? Why?
2. Did you learn anything from the reading or find anything particularly cool? What?
3. Was there anything unclear in the passage that you have questions about? What are they?
Specific questions on this passage
After Completing the Bible Reading
Broader outline of each section of passage