Jesus Warns of His Imminent Arrest
37 total verses: John 13:27-38; Luke 22:24-38; Matthew 26:31-35; Mark 14:27-31
Brief description of action taking place or point being made
282. Judas leaves in John 13:27-30
283. A new commandment in John 13:31-35
284. Dispute about the greatest disciple in Luke 22:24-30
285. Jesus predicts the disciples’ denial in Matthew 26:31-32; Mark 14:27-28
286. Jesus tells Simon he prayed for him in Luke 22:31-32
287. Jesus predicts Peter’s denials in Matthew 26:33-35; Mark 14:29-31; Luke 22:33-34; John 13:36-38
288. Jesus warns the disciples to be prepared in Luke 22:35-38
Devotions (optional reading)
Love is How All Will Know That We are His Disciples (John 13:34-35). http://bit.ly/1fSWvDH
1. What is your favorite verse or set of verses? Why?
2. Did you learn anything from the reading or find anything particularly cool? What?
3. Was there anything unclear in the passage that you have questions about? What are they?
Specific questions on this passage
After Completing the Bible Reading
Broader outline of each section of passage