Parable and Judgments
33 total verses: Matthew 25:14-46
Brief description of action taking place or point being made
269. Parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30
270. Warnings about the Judgment in Matthew 25:31-46
1. What is your favorite verse or set of verses? Why?
2. Did you learn anything from the reading or find anything particularly cool? What?
3. Was there anything unclear in the passage that you have questions about? What are they?
Specific questions on this passage
After Completing the Bible Reading
Broader outline of each section of passage
Matthew 25:14-30. In this parable, a master give three servants money to steward while he is gone. Two of them doubled the investment, while the third was afraid of the master, so buried it so at least he could give it back. The first two servants were rewarded, but the third was scolded, and his money was given to the one with the most already.
Matthew 25:31-46. In this parable, the king gathers all the people before him, and separates them from the Name and Person for Jesus. It seems to me that the main criteria is how you treated people who are poor, disadvantaged, and weak. Those that helped this group are sheep, and they will get to heaven. Those that didn’t help, didn’t make it to heaven.
My favorite passage and other random thoughts
For my favorite verse I will choose Matthew 25:21, “‘”Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master”‘” (ESV). To me, this verse speaks of blessing for trying to serve the Lord and advance the kingdom.