“What a Negativity Fast IS
1. It is determining to focus more on God’s promises than on problems.
2. It is learning to speak with hope about even the toughest of issues.
3. It is becoming solution focused rather than problem focused.
4. It is refraining from reacting and giving voice to pessimism, criticism of others, self-criticism and other forms of unbelief.
5. It is speaking about problems to the right people in the right way.
6. It is replacing negative words and thoughts with positive words and thoughts based on the promises of God.”
— Steve and Wendy Backlund, “Igniting Faith in 40 Days”, Kindle location 58